NECTARINE (Prunus Persica)
Nectarines, like peaches, probably originated in China over 2,000 years ago and were cultivated in ancient Persia, Greece and Rome.
The nectarine is a rounded fruit, with juicy meat and stone, similar to the peach. The skin is not hairy but smooth, as the plum’s skin, and it can be consumed peeled or unpeeled. They are commonly eaten fresh or cooked in conserves, jams, and pies.
The nectarines are delicious fresh and added to fruit salads, breakfast cereals, ice creams, salads and drinks.
The nectarine is loaded with health benefits, such as antioxidants, Vitamin A, are good source of Vitamin C and Potassium, so help provide balance to the sodium that comes into our diet from salted foods.
If you see freckles or speckles skin on a nectarine, this is a sign the fruit is so loaded with sugar it’s essentially crystallizing on the skin.
Our Yellow and White nectarines are available from late June through October.
Our strategy of I+D+I department is looking new varieties of nectarine than can contributes more quality in our products and design new process of production than can contribute cost reduction and decrease use of packaging and both are more ecological, too.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
CTRA. NACIONAL 211 KM 329,5
FRAGA (HUESCA) ESPAÑA
P: +34 974 453 915 E: INFO@SUMMERFRUIT.ES